Sunday, December 21, 2008

set another place for dinner dear......

I managed to finally persuade my kudler to go to the post office and see what the parcel was that was waiting for her. We had recieved the notification a few days before but as the opening hours for collection are 06.30 - 12.00 hours a day had to be chosen were kudler had time to queue up before work.

yoh the parcel is from California.... it must be Replacement Bear!!!!!

Kudler carefully removed the sellotape and opened the box.

We both stood there in silence (I am glad Sue wasn't there at the time ... she has a god awful scream)...

RP didn't appear to be breathing ... there was no movement ... I whispered to kudler

'he obviously only had enough air and food to last him the journey .. it was those 3 days lying in the Post Office that has done it!!'




I reached into the box to stroke poor RPs head and..........
He shot bolt upright, waving a flag and starting singing

Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming? Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight, O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming? And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air, Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there. Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?


Lets just say I had to quickly change my trousers.
Kudler was creased up on the floor laughing ... when she regained her composure she says
'at least he has come prepared to work over christmas as he has brought his own tea towel' kudler hates drying dishes.. I think she was taking a dig at me....



I called Sue over now I realised RP was alive and kicking ... and she being such a doll honoured RP with a pair of reindeer earings... he did look a bit bewildered to say the least ....but they do suit him

'Welkum to the UK Reeplacmnt bear.. so pleezd to hve u heer for Kristmuz. arh home is yr home ... help yourself 2 wat u want nd hope yr stae is a cumfurtable 1'

He looked at me with a blank expression ......I don't think he understood me... it must be my Northern England accent !!!

It is not going too well !!!!
To make matters worse suddenly we were mobbed by the menagerie that Sue has in the toy box... they are out of control I tell you


'ya no my lyttle ol' Inglish cuzins, this heer bare is gonna get sum shut I...eye hv barelagg. c y'all l8r'

No idea what he said but he got back in his box and covered himself up in his tea towel




Next morning I got another shock ... the box was empty... I knew I shouldn't have left him alone with the cats........ ...... (to be continued....)


To read about replacement bear and how he fits in with busy bear click on their names



.
posted by SnOwY bEaR

6 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Is Sue missing as well? - just a thought ........

Daddy Papersurfer said...

When you find him, get him to say "oregano" - that's always good for a laugh ....... or "aluminium" .........

Busy Bear said...

YAY for Replacment Bear! Oh I bet he wus holding his breath allllllll the way akrost the pond...good thing you opined the box whin you did!

I wundr wayer he iz now?....maybe shopping for pressies? Or gittin an Inglish dikshunary?...he iznt yousd to being arownd peepole yanno....anything cood happin!

Did yoo eet yoor goodies yet? Marry Kristmas!!!

SnOwY bEaR said...

DP ~ she is off Christmas shopping and visiting her mother ... what are you trying to say ?? I am sure Sue wouldn't lie to me.... would she ??

SnOwY bEaR said...

hee hee DP .. alooominum.... I have been trying to come up with a few words like 'Mayor' ... I need some more (if he ever turns up again??)

SnOwY bEaR said...

yep BB I guess it ws gud my kudler got im kwick as she cud... he ws lukin a bit bloo arownd the gills.

Did he hv enee muny to go shoppin? Dolars don't cownt oover heer!!

he ws a bit shI so I expeckt he is jst gettin his hed togetha

Merry Kistmaz to u 2 BB .. I will luk for RP tomoz

xxx

Click to turn on/off Teddy Tunes

Welcome to Dear Teddy...

A blog by, for, and about old toys ~
with a story to tell!

And we would love to hear YOUR story! Whether you are a retired rocking horse, a sweet little old doll,a used Tonka truck, or a much-loved teddy bear,
Claim your 15 minutes of fame by sending us
YOUR toy-story and we will publish it here.
Don't have memories of a cherished childhood toy?
Don't despair! There just might be a special someone waiting to create some with you over on our
ADOPT-A-TOY page! The stories featured on this page are those most recently submitted by old toys (& their owners) from around the world...be sure to visit our Toy Cupboard where even more tales are told!